Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our New Target Store

Our town opened a new Target a few weeks ago. The kids and I decided to go check it out.


As we parked, I started thinking whether it would be weird to take some photos before we head into the new store for the first time. I decided that yes, it probably would be.



As we walked up to the front of the store, my son said, "Hey, Mom, take our picture here!" as he climbed onto one of the red concrete spheres out front. HOW MUCH DO I LOVE MY KIDS????


Then there was this by the front door. Pretty cool photo spot actually. We may try again when the sun isn't so darn bright.




Hey, look what I found!! They have EVERYTHING here! Picked up 2 pretty cute kids. And they were on sale!!!

Note for the germophobes (like me): These carts were brand new!!

Patrick asked me if I loved the new store, and to my surprise I didn't. It was nice, but it didn't feel like my Target store. I've been cruising the aisles of the old one for about 10 years now. It's been my place to run away. It's been my "happy place" to just wander for hours and not even buy anything. And now it's closed down, and we have the new one. I'm sure this one will grow on me, we just need some time to get to know each other.

3 comments:

Cathie said...

Tecla, Great photos of the children. They are growing so fast. Enjoy every moment.

HiHoOhio said...

You crack me up! I am a "germie" too and ALWAYS grab the clorox wipe and wipe carts down!!!!
Looks like a nice store, at least the front looks nice! Espeically with those cute kids in front!

Dancing Queen said...

it won't take you long...there's never enough for me NOT to like at a target that i don't go back again & again...just takes gettin' use to a new layout:)

very fun!!!