Sunday, June 7, 2009

Waffle House

I grew up in Alabama and Georgia, home of the Waffle House. They are few and far between here in Texas. However, there is one near the Austin Airport. It has become a tradition for the kids and me to stop and eat there whenever we have to take Patrick to the airport.

He left today to go to London... well, Surrey to be exact. He was acting all mopey about it, but I don't feel too bad for him. He's staying at Pennyhill Park Hotel, which is a 5-star property offering such unique activities as shooting clays and archery. Also, in the directions for how to get there, they list coordinates for those arriving by helicopter. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to be just fine!!

So, we said good-bye...
I think Pat was giving Brough the "you're the man of the house while I'm gone, so take care of Mom and Becca" speech.


Bye, honey!! Love you!



And... off to the Waffle House.

I don't know what to tell you, the place just makes me happy. From the way it's laid out so you can watch all of the food being prepared, to the signs on the wall, to the yummy, yummy waffles... It's just a good place to be.

It wasn't very busy in there this afternoon. I guess 5:30 is not prime time at the Waffle House. The kids wanted to sit at the counter and watch all the food being prepared. Plus, it's just good fun to swivel in those tall stools.

The cook and the waitress were so nice to the kids. The cook would talk to the kids as she was fixing everything. The kids decided to order 2 different things, and share with each other. The cook overheard them, and went ahead and made up their plates with the food already divided up. Awesome!!

Then, my waffle arrived. Let me tell ya, if you've never been to a Waffle House, you cannot comprehend the bliss that is sitting on this plate...




Yes, that is butter pooled up in all the little waffle squares, and, yeah... I ate the whole thing!!

After she finished eating, Becca went over and checked out the juke box.



And, it just wouldn't be a family outing without one of the kids being weird. So, here is a picture of Becca... who figured out how to use her dress as a cup holder. What can I say? She's creative.




2 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

great post! Campbell and I had a mommy and me breakfast today and we were headed to waffle house, I must admit I have nevver been to one. Well, we did not make it as there was a Cracker Barrell next door and she loves their biscuits.....next time!

Dancing Queen said...

glad i haven't been the only one taking a little break...my first posts the last few days in almost 3 months!!! time flies...

man, now i'm hungry for waffles:)