Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions


It is time to get back to the blog. I have been sidetracked by FaceBook for a year now. As part of my resolutions for 2010, I plan to blog a few times each week.
As I was looking back on 2009 and thinking about 2010, something occurred to me: The blog is really the best way for me to chronicle what our family is up to. I'm just not a scrapbooker (although I have about 3 bags of stuff that I've set aside to fill the adorable and empty scrapbooks I bought for the kids when they were babies). The blog allows me to record the day to day "stuff" that happens in our lives.

2009 was a great year for our family. It was a pretty good year for me personally, but I feel like there were some areas that I really let go. As we all know, the start of a new year is a great time to start fresh. So... here are my resolutions for this year:

Blog at least 2 - 3 times a week. I only list this first, because I'm writing it here... on my blog. I set the limit of a couple of times a week so I don't end up spending 20 hours a week on blogging, instead of accomplishing my other goals!
Go to church regularly. We used to go every Sunday, but for a multitude of reasons, we've gotten pretty lax in our attendance. It's time to make church a priority again.
Take better care of my family and our home. I am not a good housekeeper. There, I said it. But I resolve to do better. I let myself get overwhelmed, distracted, etc. Our house is really cute and has so much potential, but I've never put the work into making it all it could be. This is the year!
Continue excercising. I am proud to say that I finally started working out regularly in September. I have been sick off and on for the last 2 months, so I haven't been working out like I should. But I really miss it and am looking forward to re-establishing that routine.

This is the year I'm going to make my calendar my best friend. I'm going to get myself organized and stay that way. I'm not saying I'll ever be a Type A SuperMom (nor do I think I'd really want to!) But, I'm going to stop just floating through life like I have been.


1 comment:

Honorary Indian said...

Yea!!!! Welcome back to blog-world, my friend!!!! I canceled facebook yesterday...and it felt GOOOOOOD!!!

And, no, SHR will not be cut from my list of things in my life that I'm "simplifying"....

:-)

I've already kinda gone through FB withdrawals...took the app off my phone...but it's been good. I've redirected my attentions to doing other tasks/hanging with my fam. I like it. I like it A LOT!

Love you!