Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Kids Rock!!!

I have been sick for several days now, which has not been fun. Some nights I dragged myself out of bed to fix dinner, other nights, I let Patrick and the kids fend for themselves with pizza or chicken nuggets.

Saturday morning, I managed to drag my coughing, sneezing, fever-y self out of the house for the pinewood derby. After that, Mom needed a nap!! When I woke up, my son asked if I felt like eating dinner that night. I hadn't eaten much other than broth for days. I told him I thought I might actually eat something that night. He said, "OK" and ran out of the room.

About 20 minutes later he called from the other room and asked if I was ready to come to the kitchen. I figured that meant he was ready for me to fix dinner, but when I came out I was greeted with...

A handsome young waiter (with a dashing mustache) and his adorable assistant!

The sign on the table read...

"From scratch. Yummy. Always Unexpected."
I'll say!


And what, you may ask, do an 8 year-old and a 5 year-old prepare for dinner? Well...


Multi-Grain Cheerios, whole wheat bread, garlic breadsticks, beef jerky, peanut butter cheese crackers, part of an energy bar, yogurt covered cranberries, banana, peanuts, and for dessert: clementine orange slices, 1/2 a guava-mango poptart and Smarties!
By the time we'd finished eating this fine meal, we had full tummies, and our hearts overflowed.

3 comments:

Honorary Indian said...

Precious. Absolutely precious.

Dancing Queen said...

SWEEEEEET!!!!!

awww...hate that you've been sick! i've missed you! get better soon!

Dancing Queen said...

how are you feeling?? hope that incredible "meal" got you on your way to a full recovery!!