Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What the Hail??

We ate a late dinner tonight after Becca's Christmas program at school (see previous post). Out of no where it started hailing a bit. Not unusual for here in TX. The pieces that were falling were quite small, so after a few seconds, we went back to our conversation. The hail subsided soon after.



After the kids were asleep, I heard it start up again in earnest. I turned on the back porch light and found this...



Oh my goodness!!! When I opened the door to take the photos, I realized it was really cold. Pulled up a weather forecast online, and sure enough - it was SLEET! Um, wow. It had been in the 70s today! Becca wore shorts to school, and now we have sleet???




I guess it's because I said I was so jealous of this earlier today.

2 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

be careful what you wish for!!!!!

Honorary Indian said...

Well, it may have been sleet...but I humored the kids and called it "snow" all day long.

:-)